Invisalign Tips and Tricks
For many kids and teens, getting metal braces is a painful and irritating rite of passage, but the end results are well worth the strain. Adults, on the other hand, often do not want to invest 2 (maybe more) years dealing with metal braces (brackets, wires, rubber bands), but they still want to have a straight, beautiful smile. This is where Invisalign®️ provides an alternative.
How to Care for Your Invisalign®️
Once you’ve made the investment in Invisalign®️, you want to make sure that you take care of it and get the most benefit possible. Here are some tips and tricks for maintaining your Invisalign®️ aligner trays:
- Keep track of the time you wear them: For the best possible effects of the Invisalign®️ system, we recommend wearing them for at least 22 hours per day, only removing them to eat and brush your teeth.
- Bring your case everywhere: You never know when you might need to take out your Invisalign®️ tray, and you don’t want to break them. While Invisalign®️ trays are resistant to breaking, it isn’t impossible, so you want to make sure you have your case with you for that lunch out with friends.
- Clean your Invisalign®️ trays: When you remove your aligners, rinse them to prevent dry saliva and plaque from creating a breeding ground for bacteria. You should also soak your aligners in denture cleaner or other approved Invisalign®️ cleaning products to keep them sanitary. You should also gently brush your aligners, but be careful since they can be scratched.
- Brush and floss before reinserting your aligners: Without proper dental hygiene, harmful particles can get trapped between your teeth and the aligners, increasing your risk for future dental issues. Always do your best to avoid cavities and tooth decay!
- Don’t eat or drink anything with the aligners in your mouth: With the exception of water, you should remove your aligners before you eat or drink anything. Food and drinks can discolor the aligners and any remaining particles can cause them to stink.
- Be prepared when traveling: If you will be out of town for an extended period, you may need to make arrangements with our dentists to have another set ready or to get back up aligners and cases.
Contact Our Brentwood Invisalign®️ Specialist
At Brentwood Family Dentistry, we are here to help you get the bright, shining, straight smile you have always wanted. If you are looking for Invisalign®️ in Brentwood, MO, contact our experienced dentists to make an appointment and discuss all of your options.